Wednesday, September 19, 2007
Debt
So basically anyone who has recently graduated from whatever schooling they decided to pursue after high school has a fair amount of debt. So now that you have a "degree" its expected that you'll find a job right away and be earning money to pay off said debt. What if it takes a few months to find a job though? Your debt is still there, if you're lucky enough your parents help you pay some of it off, unfortunately with credit cards though interest continues to add up. If you're not lucky enough then you're just collecting even more late fees, plus that interest. My first step to getting out of debt is paying off my credit cards. I would say I have around 1200 dollars in credit debt, with a fairly high interest rate. So basically I need to pay this off ASAP. I'm hoping that in 3 months I'll have it all payed off, hopefully before 3 months is up, because in 3 months I have to start paying my student loans back. I'm also hoping in about 3 months I am able to move out of my parents house because its pretty unbearable. Moving out brings the worries of buying furniture, paying phone/electric/internet/cable/possibly water and heat bills. I know that internet and cable aren't necessities, but they are damn nice to have. At this point I'm sort of starting to wonder...Will I ever be able to move out of my parents house? Buy a new car? Have a debt free life? Is there even such a thing?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
It's sweet that you have one of these too :) It's Matt by the way since my blog is all literary and stupid...
Post a Comment