Wednesday, September 26, 2007
Relationships, families..yada yada yada
So...I've come to realize that I've gotten to the point in my life where it isn't out of place for people to ask if I'm married or if I have any kids. My immediate thought to these questions is "Uh...I'm waaaay too young!" I don't say it though. Then I really think, and realize how many people I graduated from high school with are married and/or have children. Its actually kind of a lot. Now, I'm just a single young woman who's career is starting and honestly marriage and starting a family are pretty far back in my mind. I've had a couple long and serious relationships, but alas they've failed. The fact that people ask me if I am married and have kids makes me sort of wonder "am I supposed to?..Am I really at the point in my life when I need to think about my personal future and not just my career?"...It's so confusing really. Personally, when it comes to the "finding a man" front for me I honestly just want to date and I want to see it as something fun for me to do in my free time, and not as a mission to find a husband, because frankly its really really important for me to find the right guy instead of settling for someone who will do, or someone who treats me like dirt. I think this is how every one should view dating, no one said you have to get married, statistics are on your side if you want to though.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
embrace your independence right now my dear. it is what i am doing, and i am five years older than you. Live your life for you and only you not what other people think your life should be.
Post a Comment